We want to help everyone in Sutherland Shire get access cheap and certain electricity prices through solar.
So, along with our other activities, we are on the search for community buildings or business who are interested in solar. Get in touch at email@example.com
How can we help?
- Preliminary advice – is your building suitable for solar? How much would it cost? How much can you save?
- Options – Helping with options around size, storage, panels and inverters
- Funding – Getting your solar system funded. This could be through grants, interest free loans (if eligible) or 5-10 year finance
Community Funded Solar
Community Engagement Opportunity
Going solar saves money. Getting solar is not just good for the environment and your bottom line, but also an opportunity to increase your organisation’s engagement with the local Sutherland Shire community.
Here are a couple of examples:
- Repower One – Shoalhaven Heads Bowls and Recreational Club got 99kW of solar financed by the local community. Community investors get paid back principal and interest over time, and the club got reduced electricity bills without the need for a huge capital expense – https://www.repower.net.au/repower-one.html
- Solar Powered Beer – Sydney Community Energy Group, Pingala funded a rooftop solar system for Newtown brewery, Young Henry’s. A lease agreement was used and community investment was achieved in under 3 minutes – Sydney Morning Herald here
- Clear Sky Solar have now funded 15 projects, like 50kW for RSPCA Unanderra using a community investment model
If you are a community organisation or local business interested in solar, or have a suggestion please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org .